Saturday 1 December 2012

EMF AT THE GUILDHALL


Back in 1990, word got out around Gloucester at short notice that the band, EMF, were to be filming a promo video for their chart single "Unbelievable" at a gig in the Guildhall - so I popped along to catch a piece of the action.
Action is quite an apt description because the band were very hyperactive on stage and they kept this energy level flowing for the full show.
True enough, a camera crew was there and were interacting on stage as well as mingling in amongst the crowd.
EMF performed "Unbelievable" twice on the night.
I've had the promo video on VHS cassette since the 90's but only recently got round to converting it to digital format.
So here below is the finished footage of the event - and after all these years, I still haven't been able to spot myself in the crowd!

1 comment:

  1. That must have been an awesome gig! I saw EMF at the Guildhall about 10 years ago, at one of their periodic reunions, and it was one of the best gigs I'd ever been to, mass stage-invasion and all.
    I'm going to see them play there again in a couple of weeks, playing their first two albums in their entirety. Should be fun!

    BTW I'm loving this blog! It's very easy to take Gloucestershire for granted when you live here, but your great photos are showing me familiar scenes from a personal perspective which is always interesting. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete