Saturday 31 August 2013

NICE CLOUD - NASTY CLOUD



I  went out cycling in most weather conditions, whether it was a July heatwave or an icy January, but one element I did always try to avoid was the rain. Not because of me, but because rain wasn't particularly good for my camera to be exposed to, and the wet also played havoc with my bike brakes!!
It has to be said though that in all the years I went out on country photo shoots, I only got caught out a couple of times when I was miles away and couldn't do anything about.
So if I was intending on going away on a day's trip and saw the top cloud before setting off, that wouldn't bother me, I'd be on my way as planned. However, if I saw the lower cloud before commencing, then I would just say "No, not to day" and keep the bike in the bike shed!
It's pretty irrelevant where the 2 pictures were taken, but for the record, the white wispy one was above Churcham, and the dark bruiser was hanging over Gloucester - you can just make out the top of Robins Wood Hill at the foot of the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment