Saturday 8 June 2013

GLOUCESTER CATHEDRAL EXHIBITION










I've only ever set foot inside Gloucester Cathedral once, and it was for the above art exhibition.
It was mostly abstract sculptures that were on display but there were one or two more figurative pieces in there too.
I reckoned the modern art fitted in very well with the ancient backdrop.
Unfortunately, I can't recall the exact year this took place, but I think it was around the early 2000's.
I also didn't take note of the artist's names or the titles of the pieces, so you'll just have to view them without any information.
One little detail I liked is noticeable on the very last picture, where you can see that the door at the back has been kept open, so gives the impression that a draft has blown in along the corridor and created the movement in the females skirt & hair.
Whether it was intentional - well, you'd need to ask the exhibition organisers!

No comments:

Post a Comment