Friday 13 September 2013

THE EAGLE HAS FLOWN


Earlier in June, I put up a few pictures I took in the mid 90's at Cowley Manor gardens, focusing on their grand old fountain which had fallen into disrepair.
On one photo was a close-up of a stone eagle that was part of the fountain decoration, but on another photo it revealed that there should have been an eagle on the other side of the fountain too, making a symmetrical matching pair. However, the other eagle wasn't there, just its plinth.
So, a while later, still in the mid 90's, I was having a wander around Highnam Arboretum, which is 12 miles away from Cowley, and I spot this stone eagle above, sitting under one of the trees - an exact match to the one in Cowley.
So is it the missing one from the fountain I wonder, or a look-a-like?

No comments:

Post a Comment