Monday 22 July 2013

LOCAL RADIO


The logo above the door here is the original one for BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
I took this picture around the mid 90's, but sometime later in the 2000's they changed the logo on the building to just a basic black square with a white BBC on it.
I must admit I didn't tune into local radio much, but one show I did listen to on a weekly basis back in the day was on BBC's rival station, Severn Sound.
This was a show called "Reggae Rockers" and was presented by Ivanhoe Campbell.
Not only did I tune into it regularly, I also recorded many of them on tape, but unfortunately, these cassettes got thrown out many years ago.
However, recently I found a little snippet of one of the shows on the end of a tape I did keep which is a nice little reminder, and so because I can't find any samples on the Internet of Ivanhoe's show, and the fact that Ivanhoe died in early 2000's, I thought I'd put what I had up.
It only lasts 5 minutes but there are 2 songs with lots of radio jingles popping up along the way, and it dates from 1988.

No comments:

Post a Comment